There's no question that dealing with a trust or estate, particularly in the wake of a loved one's death, can be a difficult process. In addition to the legal complexities, there can be emotional complexities. It's at this time that partnering with a skilled advocate can help to move toward efficient and economical outcomes that take into account everyone in a family including that of the decedent.
Unless the person who's drafting the documents and managing the process knows exactly what he's doing, steps can be taken that either don't reflect a family's wishes, and/or take too long in drafting. These types of missteps can result in portions of a trust getting taxed that weren't to be taxed initially, among other problems.
Ludowici Wills and Trusts Attorney
With more than 60 years of combined experience as Georgia lawyers, we at Arnold & Stafford, Attorneys at Law , are committed to taking our comprehensive knowledge of elder law, estates and probate to work for you.
We take the time to help our clients comprehensively understand the issues at hand in their estate planning and probate cases. We can explain which forms and documents are most important, how to interpret them and how to create a comprehensive estate plan that meets all needs and goals. We deal with cases involving:
- Last wills and testaments
- Living wills, advance health care directives and health care proxies
- Durable powers of attorney
- All types of trusts, including living trusts, insurance trusts, special needs trusts and medical trusts
- Health care representative appointment
- Guardianship appointment
- Advising executors and administrators
- Asset value determination and distribution
- Advising on tax issues, bills, and creditors
- Probate litigation (will contests and trust disputes)
To discuss any estate issue with one of our Hinesville probate attorneys or elder law attorneys in a free initial consultation, call 912-289-0673 or e-mail us here.